Monday, 29 October 2012

Liverpool lantern parade 2012



Liverpool lantern parade 2012

Yesterday was one of the highlights of the year in Liverpool - the lantern parade in Sefton Park. This is the 3rd time I've been and each year it keeps getting bigger and better. The lantern parade is ran by the Lantern Company who work in partnership with local arts organisations to create an amazing spectacle. Each year they hold lantern making workshops that people can attend to build their own lanterns and take part. 

Liverpool lantern parade 2012

Liverpool lantern parade 2012

Liverpool lantern parade 2012

Liverpool lantern parade 2012

This year's was just as amazing as the rest. There were lots of small drama performances around the whole park as you walked around, whilst the main lantern parade and band walked around the park to the finale stage. This year's theme was dreams and the projections on to the screens in the park were amazing. One thing we were disappointed about was the lack of fireworks like there has been other years, but we do get a firework display in Sefton Park in just over a week so I can't complain. It's just made us more excited for that. 

11 comments:

  1. omg this is amazing, i love the first pic, reminds me the day of the deaths here in Mexico :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks incredible- it must have given you some wacky dreams! I hoped it helped fight the winter blues x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this looks pretty spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Observe my failed attempt at a more localised lantern parade in Derbyshire: http://www.ninetyeightytwo.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/haunted-weekend-of-scary-peril.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks soooo cool! This is definitely on my list of things to see before I die.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, I love the lantern parade! Your photos are beautiful too, I especially like the first three. Enjoy bonfire night too, it's usually a good 'un in Sefton Park, even though they never seem to have an actual bonfire these days haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to come and see this (i say that every year, but I do) it looks so amazing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails